Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Daniel 6:10

Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed he went home. And in his upper room, with his window opened towards Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times a day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God.

Heavenly Father, the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob,
You deliver and rescue. You do signs and wonders in heaven and on earth. You are the living God steadfast forever; Your Kingdom shall not be destroyed. Lord, by Your Spirit I rise above my circumstance. I open the window of my heart to Jesus, and make a choice to kneel and pray to the Ancient of Days seated on the throne. Your garments as white as snow, and the hair on Your head is like poor wool. A thousand thousands minister to You. I give thanks to You my God day and night. Lord there are many who have said and others who continue to say; Jesus has spoken evil, they raise their hands to strike Him with their palms. It sickens me Lord to hear Your name mocked. Just the other day while sharing the Good News, a man claimed You are only a myth. How very sad Lord so many refuse to know the truth. You Lord Jesus are the meek Lamb who laid down Your life to atone for my sin and the sin of others. There is none like You. I rejoice that You have set me free. Your peace is continually upon me. Your hand of protection and every blessing is given by You. I pray Lord, You would reveal Yourself to those who have stiff necks and knees, who's hearts are hardened not willing to open their windows because they are filled with pride. Jesus thank You for causing all my striving to cease,having total understanding there is nothing I can do to add  to the finished work on Calvary!  May the words You spoke with outstretched arms on the cross, "It is Finished" pierce the souls of the unbelievers. Father I pray for those who are bound by rituals, or praying to saints, may they come to know Jesus is the One who makes intercession for us and these acts. They are forms of idolatry, the exalting of others above You. Draw them nearer with understanding of the shed blood of Your Son. My heart's desire to serve You, is just that, to serve You and not to earn my way to heaven. I thank You Jesus for Your mercy and grace, a love that is so unselfish, it causes me to want to be more like You. Fill me today with Your Spirit to be a vessel for Your use. In the name of Jesus, my Lord and Savior, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment