Saturday, July 13, 2013

James 1:8

He is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Dear Heavenly Father,
I love Your instruction for it blesses me with knowledge. Lord I commit my will to You today, so my thoughts will be established. I may plan in my heart but You Lord direct my steps. Lord fill me with Your Spirit to bring clarity to my mind moving me ahead in the ways that are pleasing to You. Keep my mind from thinking as the world does, making me restless and confused in my thoughts. Jesus You have said " No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."  Lord let my rest be in faith that is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of the things not seen. I love You Jesus, even though the world around me doubts, I know with all my heart You are the One true living God!!! Father I pray for those who are living a life similar to Dr. Doolittle's Pushmi-Pullyu two headed animal, one desiring to go in one direction and the other the opposite way. Lord help them with their doubts for they are unstable an unsteady wavering in both character and feelings. Reveal to them Jesus, Your love as You did with John the Baptist, the one who saw the Dove descend upon You at the time of Your Baptism, and yet when he was in prisoned he questioned is it really You. Oh Lord Your kindness is so amazing You did not get angry, You just sent confirmation You are the One who gives sight to the blind, make the lame to walk, cleanse the lepers, open the ears of the deaf to hear, and raise the dead. Blessed are those who are not offended by You. Blessed are the poor who receive the gospel that is preached to them. Father I pray for all those who are facing great trials causing them to doubt, or sadness that overwhelms them, just as Thomas was grieving Your death on the cross, not believing You rose from the dead, again Your lovingkindness said; touch my pierced hand, and put your fingers here in my side. Open the eyes of the blind to see there is no other god who would humble themselves extending grace in such a profound way. Your love Lord would not permit Thomas perish in his unbelief. Thank You for Your promise to never leave of forsake those who believe, even if at time it seems only the size of a mustard seed. Thank You Father for Your Son, and the Holy Spirit. In Your name I pray, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment