Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Matthew 10:39

He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

Dear Heavenly Father,
How precious and beautiful Your Son is. Perfection in all ways. The greatest gift ever given when the hour came that the Son of Man would be glorified. Illustration of this love in the words of John 12:24
and most assuredly You have said it, " Unless a grain of wheat falls in to the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain." Oh Lord Jesus, You are like that grain of wheat, producing much fruit. You turn the hearts to the Father. Therefore if anyone is in Christ, they are a new creation; old things have passed away; behold all things become new. Lord when I think about a seed and the shedding of the outer shell, so life may spring forth, I'm in awe. My own shell has restricted me. That cumbersome, hard outer shell of self protection, pride, and fear that has kept me from growing and living has now been removed by Your mercy and grace. You have brought forth fruit in me by the power of Your Holy Spirit, I pray will feed many. Many fear the laying down of their lives clinging to things of this world, but Lord truly I have found there is no better way than to live for You and Your glory. You are the vine Lord and I really am just a twig. You Lord are my souls source of nourishment. Lord as You prune away the dead areas of my life I pray that much fruit would come forth. Lord I pray to always abide in You for I can do nothing without You. I come before You with a basket in my arms empty and willing to receive the fruits of Your Spirit in the shapes and forms of love, peace, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. A double portion of self control please. May these be plentiful so they spill out in to the world around me for others to taste and see You are good. In Jesus precious name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment