Tuesday, July 23, 2013

James 1:15

Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown brings forth death.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Let me be as one who calls for justice, and pleads for truth. I pray Lord not to trust in empty words or lies spoken by the world around me. They speak in a way that conceive evil and brings forth iniquity. The things that entice and lure me away from You, hatch vipers eggs and weave the spider's web that entangle and snare. Lord I pray by the power of Your Spirit You would keep those webs from becoming garments. Lord when my thoughts are tempted or attracted by the promise of pleasure or reward, my soul growls like a bear, and moans sadly like a dove. I have been led away from the joy of my salvation.  Forgive me Lord, I do not desire to depart from You, and Your will. Father, this morning I put on Your armor. The breast plate of righteousness, the helmet of salvation, the belt of truth. Picking up the sword of the Spirit and the shield of faith. Shrouding my feet with Your peace. May I endure temptation and be blessed when I've been approved, receiving the crown of life which You have promised to those who love You. I rejoice Lord knowing that every good and perfect gift is from above, and comes down from You my Father. I wait upon You Lord for those blessings, not running ahead, or falling in to temptation. You Lord Jesus are not tempted by evil, nor do You tempt anyone.  Father, I pray for strength for Your children who are being tempted to fall in to sin. May they cling to the truth that sin does not force itself on the unwilling, but it is chosen because of it's attraction. I pray Lord you grant them strong wills that will not bend. Keep them from sin that is glossed over but the root is always the same, pride, lust of the eyes and lust of the flesh. Hedge them today Father. A sparrow does not fall that You do not know about, how much more precious are Your children. Keep the enemy from our doors by covering them in the precious blood of Jesus,. In His name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment