Monday, July 8, 2013

Mark 1:19

When He had gone a little farther from there, He saw James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, who also were in the boat mending their nets.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank You for Your beautiful Son, the One whose sandal strap I am unworthy to stoop down and loose. Lord bless You for opening my eyes to see the sinner I was, calling me to repentance. Turning and running in to Your loving outstretched arms. You have captivated my heart, and I will never be the same. Jesus You have opened my ears to hear You say "Leave Your nets and follow me."  I must confess Lord I've been crouching down in the boat mending my nets instead of navigating through the water of life. Fussing over this or that and never leaving the shore to set sail for all the wonders You have in store. My preoccupation with tedious details has left me dry docked for far to long. I desire to be like Peter in the midst of the storm, when You instructed him to be not afraid and step out of the boat. He took a leap of faith, even though his doubts crept in, You where still there to catch him. He didn't sink or perish, at least he tried. Lord fill me with Your Holy Spirit to have boldness, faith, and confidence to step out for You. To follow after You with passion and perseverance. I pray Lord to have my actions in line with what I believe, not sitting on the shore waiting to see others full nets to rejoice, but rejoicing with You over the fun we'll have fishing together. Father just like the waves of the ocean that are constant so is Your amazing unfailing love for me. Let me not waste anymore time pondering on the shore of what was, but rise to be led by Your Son where ever He wants to journey. Lord I pray for Your people today who are listening to the sound of Your voice calling, may they be obedient to respond knowing it is the power of the Holy Spirit that will carry them across the seas, to experience great wonders. Thank You Lord for the adventures that lay ahead. Captain this skipper is ready, willing  and reporting for duty. I surrender all. In the name of Jesus, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment