Tuesday, April 30, 2013

John 3:19
And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Dear Holy Father,
I was once a rebellious youth, thinking my way was better. Always trying to figure things out on my own. I was deciding what I thought was right or wrong by my own standards. I was living in darkness, wanting to be rewarded for the things I did, being honored and exalted by the people and the world around me. Desiring to be a success in my own eyes. I confess that I had a harsh standard to judge others on, all the while not seeing my own sin. Oh but then that glorious day came when my heart was softened by Your Spirit, my eyes where open to see the truth, and I met Your beautiul Son, Jesus. The Lover of my soul, Jesus, You are my Redeemer, Deliver, Savior who plucked me from the darkness of selfish pride. As I look back on where I came from, I shutter to think where I would be now if You hadn't come into my life. Jesus thank You for giving me a great life!  Thank You for making a way so  I may walk in the cool of the day in fellowship with our Father who created me. Jesus, Your sacrifice made the way to a life full of  joy, love and peace my cup runneth over. Your grace helps me face trails and challenges of this fallen world. I pray Lord that if there are any areas of my life still hiding in the darkness You would reveal them to me so I may repent and turn from them. I pray Lord that I would walk in the beauty of Holiness as You are Holy. Lord Jesus, You are the Light of the world and in You is no darkness at all. Lord I pray You would send Your Holy Spirit to expose what is  concealed in the hearts of those who live in rebellion against You, O' God. I pray Lord that people would see the truth of how wonderful and good You are. That a life led by You is one of mercy and grace and brings peace. Thank You Lord for setting me free from the chains of this world that says You must have personal success, achieve higher goals and strive for the best of everything. Lord I have the best of everything Your name is Jesus the crowning glory of the our Father in heaven. My one true desire is to be with You. I love You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment