Saturday, May 18, 2013

2 Corinthians 11:4
For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves, But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and compare themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Oh Father how I've dared to do this very thing more times than I can count. Father, Ive stumbled over many standard of measures I've set, or have listen to from others. Not good enough but better than...., not smart enough but bright than..., well at least I never did that...and on and on it goes. Father forgive me even this morning as I think upon my brothers and sisters in ministry who have accomplished so much for Your kingdom and glory and pangs of envy want to rise up. And my thoughts of how Ive fallen so short and achieved nothing,Yuck!  How quickly I forget the place we have been together and the lives You have touched through me. Forgive me for denying You of all the glory You so rightly deserve. Father as I meditate on these words Paul wrote to Corinth I ask that all my pride be striped from my mind and heart, Father You are the Gardener, trim away the dead areas of my life to bring forth new and healthy growth as I rest in You. May my eyes be fixed on Jesus, His greatness, goodness, generosity and grandeur. Lord smash the magnifying glass I use to hold myself to ridiculous standards and ones that You have never set. Lord thank you for Your loving kindness and tender mercies as I stretch and grow. Thank You for training up this little vine in the way I should go and may I never depart from You. Thank You Lord that You have promised to never leave or forsake me,  this gives me great rest and peace knowing I'm in the palm of Your hand and nothing, not even my transgression of comparing can pluck me out. Thank You for forgiving me. Lord I pray that we all would have a deeper understanding of the damage and the halting of the progress that comparing and measuring does to us individually and as Your body. Jesus thank You for being the perfect example of rest, trust and obedience to our Father. May my heart continue to be teachable for Your glory that all will know Your are  the Prince of peace , Savior of the world and Redeemer of the broken. In the gracious and loving name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment