Thursday, May 23, 2013

James 2:8
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the scriptures, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." you do well; 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Do I love my neighbor as myself, let me reflect. I must confess at times yesterday I did not love well. Sometimes my inner thoughts of myself are not very kind. Doubting I can do something, berating how I appear in the reflection in the mirror,  I'm a liar that says "I can't", when You have said "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Having frustrations of not measuring up to my standards of things when Your grace and mercy out weight every rule of measure. All the while trying to love others. How deceived and ridiculous it all sounds. I've placed high standards on other's conduct, feeling irritated and annoyed by their short comings instead of loving and encouraging them.  Lord I pray that today I would really observe how I love me, and then in turn love those around me bringing correction quickly and where needed. Jesus You are the magnificent jeweled crown of the Father, the royal diadem, the only authority and supreme power, who has called me to be part of the royal priesthood, a holy vessel, Your special child to proclaim the praise of You who has called me out of darkness into Your marvelous light. Lord You are not a liar, but the pure truth, my God who loves unselfishly, with compassion and very well. I surrender my thoughts and false truths into Your loving hands.  Bring correction where it is needed so I may be a vessel for Your use. May I not only tend to the washing the outside of my cup, my physical body this morning, but may the inner of this cup, my heart be cleansed by Your precious blood. Forgive me for impatience towards myself and those around me.  May my eyes see as You see the needs of others, to reach out and love them without condition, just loving them. May I be You ambassador of hope, to the hurting, seeing beyond their gruff and ruff exterior that hides the pain and fear inside. Remembering I was lost until the day that You so lovingly found me. I pray Father by this out pouring of love, many souls would be won and brought in to the kingdom. May there be no other gods before for me; but crown You Lord of all! Jesus I adore You, may they not be just words on a page but may I express it in kindness to others. Bless be the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob for another day to glorify Your name, the one in which I pray, Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment