Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Matthew 26:52
But Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword."

You are Holy O'Lord, enthroned in the praises of Your people. Our fathers trusted in You, they cried out and trusted You and You delivered them. They trusted in You and were not ashamed. Lord I too will declare Your name above all names, and in the midst of the assembly I will praise You, Jesus. Lord keep us from the sword.  I pray that You would shield my precious life and the lives of my friends and family from those who slash with their tongues. Father thank You for protecting my loved ones from the mouths that harshly speaks and cuts to the heart leaving wounds. Father, I pray that we would not be a people who rely on swords but trust in You as our mighty defender on every front. You have said do not over come evil with evil but overcome it with good, and love covers a multitude of sin. May my heart be filled with compassion towards those who have a root of anger, running deep with in them that springs up at any given time and with out notice. Soften the hearts that use words as weapons because they are truly weak and vulnerable, scared and afraid inside. Father, give revelation the this type of weaponry leads to death of a soul just as physical sword takes life.  I pray that You Jesus would reveal Yourself to them in very deep and personal ways so that they are transformed and made new. I thank You Lord the hard armorer some wear to keep love at a distance will become so heavy they can not bear to keep it on for one moment more.  I thank You Lord for setting the captives free. Free to live, love and dance all their days and the days after that. Praise You Jesus for the merciful and gracious sacrifice that was the ultimate expression of love, teaching us that gentleness, kindness and serving others are of Your character. Jesus You were the meek, pure Lamb, that will one day return as the Lion and every knee will bow and confess You are King of kings and Lord of lords. Bless You Lord for filling me with Your Holy Spirit that I may walk humbly with You. In the blessed name of Jesus, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment