Monday, June 24, 2013

James 1:19
So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath...

O' righteous Father,
You are here this morning in my midst. The Mighty One who saved me. You rejoice over me with gladness, and quiet me with Your love. Its incredible to imagine You rejoicing over me with singing. I pray Lord You would open my ears wide today to hear the delightful melody of loves divine. May my focus be on listening to joyful noises, such as birds singing, children laughing and my cat purring. Grant me the discernment to hear even the slightest bit of deception. Expose those who speak word that are seemingly sweet but are vinegar going down into my soul. Increase the sensitivity to the sounds of hidden trickery that wants to lure me in the wrong direction. By the Power of Your Holy Spirit may I be very slow to speak, I surrender my voice to You. Often I have to much enthusiasm to share Your mercy and grace with others but then it repelled by hardened hearts. Father, when I see those pearls of love fall to the ground, my heart aches for they have not rejected me but the give of every good and perfect gift that is only from You above. Guard my speech, let it not be harsh, or critical but sincere and kind. Anoint my lips so they are full of encouragement for those who are hurting. Lord Jesus may Your peace be with me so I'm slow to wrath, quick to forgive as You have quickly forgiven me. Father I pray for Your children that harbor anger and wrath in their hearts. Perhaps over pain that has been inflicted on their loved ones. An incredibly deep pain because they have felt so helpless to defend or protect someone so dear to them. Holy Spirit lift the burden of guilt, fill them with perfect peace. May they know deep within You are not disappointed or angry with their thoughts. You will turn what the enemy has meant for evil to something good if they will allow You to use such suffer to bring glory. Lord hold them close, comfort and restore them as only You can do. Give them understanding that there is no shame.  Jesus, You have taken it on the cross to set them free. Lord restore those relationships that are strained, struggling or have been broken due to grievous and unthinkable crimes. Father, heal the deep wounds and scars that have been inflicted on the innocent, there is no one else in this world capable, and has what is need to restore a broken life. only Jesus Christ, You are the way, the truth and the light. You Lord understands suffer more than any of us. Father I pray for those who are asking now, why would God allow such things to happen, may they come to understand we live in a fallen world, and You have given us free will to chose whom we will follow, Jesus who is pure and holy or the evil one who kills and destroys. Come Lord quickly, Your children need You. In Your name I give thanks and pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment