Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Matthew 18:12

"What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying"

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, I once was lost and now am found. Father how the words of the Hymn still ring true. Blessed are those who walk in the law of the Lord. I pray that I do not wander from Your commandments, and Your word that is hidden in my heart. But Lord, I must confess there are times my mind veers off the trail, thinking on things I ought not. Such as the what ifs, or how comes. I fight to restrain my feet, keeping them from galivanting off after some willy nilly idea.  Oh, but Lord how gracious and good You never letting me out of Your sight, while listening to my thoughts and sending the blessings of correction. The shepherd always goes after the lost sheep because it is valuable. How my Father in heaven loves me so much more for You pursue me daily when I begin to roam in the wrong direction. I'm in awe of how quickly You respond. Like a mother in a market with little children in tow, who seems not to be paying attention to the activities of her brood. They think she is focused on her task at hand. Then the wee ones take the opportunity to explore. More swifty than they are quick she reaches out an snatched them up keeping them safe from harm. Jesus, please go after the ones that once knew You but have deviated and are now lost in the desert. Lord, hear the cries of their families calling out their names in the darkness to come home. Lord, I pray You would fill us with the Holy Spirit today, to guide our thoughts, direct our steps, giving us wisdom and discernment in all situations. Bless us with obedient ears to hear Your voice to do Your will. Thank You Jesus for being our Shepard, leading us to green pastures and by still water. You Lord restore our souls. I thank You that Your rod and staff comfort us. Bless You that You never leave us stranded in our poor choices, or relinquish the day of our salvation, You have so lovingly blessed us with. Thank You Lord for forgiving me and washing my nappy wool clean. I love You Lord Jesus, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment