Thursday, June 20, 2013

Matthew 5:14

"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden."

Dear Heavenly Father,
I pray these words written will paint a picture of the generous gift You have so lovingly blessed me with. When the evening hour settles in, the sky is dark and still, the twinkling little lights of the fireflies appear. Oh, how they sparkle and shine against the deep blackness. The space the seem void of life comes alive with activity. The illumination is magnificent. A little city of lights fluttering in the air. As I read this scripture, I think of the wonderful people You have surrounded me with. They are those who let Your Light shine through them and brighten the darkness around me. Lord they cannot be hidden for they are far too beautiful and precious in Your sight and mine as well. I thank You for each one, they are individual and uniquely special. Lord, I pray that their little lights will continue to shine, and Jesus will be magnified. I pray Lord that You would continue to bless them and meet all their needs. Electrify them with Your word, empowering them to be lamps on the pathway for others, shedding light to guide them on the narrow way. Thank You Father, that You have given me more than I could have imagined in friendships that are so special and dear. There are no words to truly express my gratitude for each and every one. Jesus, Your amazing love is poured out through them, and it is the warm embrace at times I so desperately need. Other times they are the joy that makes my cup runneth over. I have been so blessed to walk alongside them through good and challenging times.  I'm grateful for their honesty, sincerity and humor. Father thank You that You have taught and continue to teach me through these very wonderful people, who are so encouraging more than they know, Lord that is what makes it so remarkably beautiful and brilliant. Father, I pray You protect, prosper, strengthen and heal them. Fill them with wisdom, knowledge and grant them discernment in every situation. Increase the love, peace and joy in their lives. Thank You. In the name of the Light of the world Jesus Christ, Amen.

2 comments: