Saturday, June 15, 2013

Matthew 5:11

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My name sake.

Dear Father God,
Forgive me, yesterday I was not the witness You desire for me to be. I did not speak wickedness, but what is worse I did not share Your truth. I know there are many Lord who are lost and hurting, yet I did not give them the Good News. Hmm, Lord was it fear? Was it lack of compassion? Was it thoughts of feeling rejected by man? Lord does it even matter the root cause, I was sleeping when You ask me to be the watchmen on the wall searching for open doors to share the Gospel. You even promised I would be blessed if they spoke evil against me.  As I sit here this morning at Your feet reflecting on the previous day, and how I should have step out in faith, disregarding all thoughts of how to fit in with the crowd around me, I have I deep remorse for things unsaid, and missed opportunities.  I didn't respond to Your word that says, "And above all things have fervent love for one another, for love will cover a multitude of sins."  Lord forgive me for not allowing Your passionate love to run through me to be poured out on others. I was guarding my personhood in my own strength.  I left part of the armorer You blessed me with in the car, leaving me unprepared and ill equipped. How quickly my mind can be distracted, not set on things above, where Christ is sitting at Your right hand. I'm really sorry that I hurt You. Teach me how to speak love and truth into a gathering of unsaved people, to cast off all feelings and thoughts of fleshly insecurities and rise up to proclaim Your goodness, so all eyes and heart would then be fixed on You. Father by the power of Your Holy Spirit, I would have the willingness to throw a rope down into the pit of another life to lift them out and place them on the solid Rock of Jesus Christ. Lord let this not just be words spoken this morning but a life changing revelation of how important ever moment and encounter is. Let me not take for granted or assume there is someone else to do the job You have called me to do. Thank You Lord for this day to begin anew. May all I do and say be a blessing to You. I pray Lord for Your wisdom, guidance and more assignments to share Your amazing love. In the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment