Monday, June 17, 2013

Mark 1:18
They immediately left their nets and followed Him.

Dear Heavenly Father,
How often I have asked for You to listen to my requests and demand immediate action, all the while taking my time to follow after You. Lord of hosts, Almighty God, You have commanded us to obey Your voice and You would be our God and we would be Your people. To walk in all Your ways and it all would be well with us. As I survey the different areas of this life, I think of the nets that I'm holding onto. The work and effort I put forth in my own strength which I think would bring about rewards or my desired outcome. How much better and greater to follow Jesus and His example. To live peaceable, to love without condition, to find joy in the things above instead of focusing on the things beneath that tangle me up. I admire the Disciples discipline to drop their way of life and pursue that which is so much greater. Lord I turn my attention to You and You alone. Praising the name of the Lord.  Jesus, alone shall be exalted in and through me. For Your glory is above the earth and heaven. May I sing a new song unto You Lord, amongst the assembly of the saints. I shall rejoice in my Maker. Father I pray, as I lay down my efforts on the shore of the Living Water, Your Spirit would wash over me cleansing me from all iniquities.  Forgive me Lord, let today be a new beginning, not stopping to fold up my nets, contemplating where this action may lead me, but trusting that You shall lead me to springs of abundance. You will provide for and meet all my needs. That I shall be anxious for nothing, and will see Your glory break forth like the morning sun rising over still waters. Thank You Lord for Your mercy that endures for ever. Bless You, for patiently watching me year after year lay down net after net; such as finances, family, friends and fitness to follow after Your way. With every step I take in obedience, You have blessed me with more than I could have imagined. Fill me with Your Spirit today be obey the sound of Your voice and the cry of Your heart, to be Your hands and feet to love and serve others. In the name of Jesus and for His glory, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment