Friday, June 7, 2013

Matthew 5:3
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Dear Heavenly Father, 
By Your hand all things have been made, and exist. You have said there is one thing You look upon with eyes of love, it is that of a broken and contrite spirit, one that trembles at Your Word. Those who are proud in their heart are an abomination to You. Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. You have said "it is better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud."  Lord I pray that I would heed Your wise words and live in the way that is good. Lord in Your mercy and truth the atonement is provided for my iniquities. Lord forgive me for the pride that rises up in my heart, I desire that my spirit would be humble coming under Your submission and authority.  I bow my head and bend my knee to You Jesus, my Lord, Savior and King. Your Kingdom is not of this world. I pray Lord we all would see the areas of our boasting and bragging of our self, not acknowledging You. Lord Jesus soften the hard of hearts to have revelation that what we think we have achieve on by our own hands was not with out Your sovereignty. Father may all come to know that unless it is done for Christ it will not remain. I pray Lord  for those who try to fill their lives with accomplishment, awards, positions of authority, worldly possession, so they may think more highly of themselves then they ought and are denying You of the glory. Forgive me Lord for the time I've given You the second billing instead of making You the headliner when sharing with others the good things You have blessed me with.  I pray that through our brokenness we would be blessed with the kingdom of heaven, where there are no more tears, no more suffering. a place of peace, where all striving cease. Thank You Lord that You are long suffering and patient with me and others. As we learn a grow in Your will and ways.  Lord Jesus, You are the perfect example of poor when You laid down Your life for us. Holy Spirit have Your way in and through me today. I surrender all, may I be obedient to the sound of Your voice and live in a way that is pleasing and acceptable to You. May all glory and honor be Yours today and every day. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment