Friday, June 14, 2013

Matthew 5:10

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Your beautiful Son Jesus, a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief, He was despised and rejected and was not esteemed.  He was wounded for my transgressions and iniquities. Father, I am like a sheep sometime that has gone astray, turning to my own way.  Could I honestly think or believe I know persecution? No, I cannot. Because of Your love and protection, I can say I've only experience mild forms of hostility for my faith in You, my Savior.  I count it all joy when I face trails for Your name's sake. I do not have full understanding of the sacrifice Jesus endured but do praise Him for the gift.  I've never suffered to the depth and degree for another like He did. Jesus is without spot or blemish, the perfect Lamb who was led to slaughter. Father, I pray for all Your faithful servants that are being persecuted around the world. Protect them, cover them in the precious blood. Father by the power of the Holy Spirit continue to write Your Word upon their hearts, so that when they are faced with extreme, harsh treatment, it will spring forth to their minds, keeping them in hope. I pray that You would give them Christ-like eyes, so when they look at their tormentors keeping them captive, they see with eyes of love and compassion. Father, I can only imagine these are Your very special chosen people and know theirs is truly the kingdom of heaven. I pray for all those who persecute Christians to receive understanding and revelation of Your amazing mercy and grace. May they become born again turning from their wicked ways.  Lord, I bless You for loving me enough, to lay down Your life to call me friend and pay my fee to one day enter heaven. I love You Jesus and am forever grateful. In Christ's name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment