Sunday, June 30, 2013

Matthew 20:31

Then the multitude warned them they should be quiet; but they cried out all the more, saying, "Have mercy on us, O Lord, Son of David!" 

Dear Heavenly Father, 
I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, Your word is power to salvation for everyone who believes. Lord You have said "the just shall live by faith." You have sent Your Word to testify to us, Jesus is the Root of Jesse and the offspring of David and He is the Bright and Morning Star. Father, lately my calling out to You has been interrupted by others telling me to be quiet. Their fear of the unknown, their doubts that You are who You say You are, or their pride wants to squelch my belief that You will heal, redeem and deliver those in need. But Lord I won't stop calling to You with all my deficiencies, and on the behalf of others, for You are the only one who can meet and exceed all my requests. Jesus Your compassion for the broken is like no other. You are my ever present help in time of distress. Father, hear the cries of Your children to have mercy on them, heal them, restore them, and bless them. May they not be silent. I pray for all those who doubt, reject or are afraid of Your power. May they come to know and trust in You. Lord, when we are weak You are very strong. I pray just as the blind man recognized You passing by, so they will be able to discern who You are amongst the crowd that is vying for their attention. I pray Lord  they too will call out to You for mercy and grace. Meet them in their place of despair. May they not miss the opportunity for their lives to be forever changed. You Lord Jesus heal the sick, bind the broken hearted and save the sinner from an eternity apart from Your amazing love. Jesus may You grant me even more boldness to share all that You have done and continue to do. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit so my lips are never silent to share the Good News. In the name of Jesus, the name above all names, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment