Saturday, June 22, 2013

James 2:16
...and one of you says to them "Depart in peace, be warmed and filled," but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body what does it profit?

Father when I was a child, young in faith, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, and thought like a child, but when I became mature I put away childish things. In the beginning of my walk with You, I desired Your blessings to be pour out on me. It was all about just taking and receiving. Oh sure, I would do good deeds, picking and choosing when, where and whom I was going to help at my convenience. Most often leaving You on the side watching, then running to You to say look what I just did!  Longing for approval and reward. Never giving glory to You. Now Lord that I'm older I joyfully, excitedly desire the work that puts You in the spotlight, magnifying Your greatness. I must decrease and You Lord must increase. Father, I pray when a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, whether spiritual or physical, a need of any kind, my heart and hands will respond to be Your body in motion sealed with Your loving signature. Unlike the designers insignia that is in one moment and out with the next season or trend You are everlasting. Jesus, You have said only that which is done for You shall remain. Lord I pray my treasures would be laid up in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroy and thieves do not break in and steal. Father I pray for wisdom and discernment to understand the needs of Your people. Forgive me for the times my zeal has rushed in to help someone who does not desire help or Your truth of the Gospel. Thank  You Lord for Your Holy Spirit that guides me to the ones who are calling out in the darkness for assistance. May my ears be tuned to hear their cries, giving them what is needed to be warm and filled. Lord let all I do and say bring glory and honor to You. In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment